Rent a new plug-in hybrid 4WD Mercedes Benz GLE in Iceland
Rent an AWD Mercedes Benz GLE Plug-in Hybrid for your Iceland road trip, explore the Icelandic nature with extreme luxury and minimize the fuel consumption. The Mercedes Benz GLE is one of the best Iceland rental car options if you want to enjoy an incredibly cosy, luxury self-drive touring and leave a green footprint in Iceland.
The Mercedes Benz GLE can seat five people comfortably and carry three pieces of luggage without seat configuration. If you are travelling in a group of three to four and want to rent a luxury car with strong 4×4 capability and minimize carbon emission, the Mercedes Benz GLE PHEV is your ideal car rental choice in Iceland.
Mercedes Benz GLE has an electric range of around 66 miles (EPA est.) and is one of the newest plug-in hybrid vehicles introduced to our fleet.
Equipped with the latest technology and safety driving assistance, you can be sure that you can enjoy a seamlessly Iceland road trip with safety, no matter what month of the year you will be visiting Iceland.
Where can you drive the Mercedes Benz GLE PHEV?
With the Mercedes Benz GLE, you can visit most of the Iceland attractions around the country, including:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle
- The route 1 Ring Road
- South Coast
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular and Westfjords area)
What road condition can the Mercedes Benz GLE handle?
Our PHEV Mercedes Benz GLE can provide a seamless driving experience on all different types of roads in Iceland, including:
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads (* NOT F-roads)
- icy and snowy roads in wintertime
For renting the Mercedes Benz GLE with us, you will have to be at least 25 years old and hold a driving license for at least one year.
What includes in the rental price?
- Free cancellation (Up to 16 days before)
- 24/7 Support
- Discount on fuel
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Third-Party Insurance
- Unlimited Mileage/KM
Why rent a car in Iceland with Hertz Iceland?
We have 13 rental stations around the country, including Keflavik international airport, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. According to your travel plan, you could easily pick up and drop off your rental car. Not only with high flexibility and convenience in renting and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your automatic gear transmission Plug-in Hybrid Mercedes Benz GLE today by choosing a date.
PHEV Mercedes Benz GLE basic rental requirements
- You must be 25 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is NOT allowed in the highlands and any F-roads.
- It is allowed on roads no.35 and 550.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.