Rent the automatic 4WD Hyundai Tucson in Iceland, and travel Iceland with ease all year round!
The automatic gear transmission 4×4 Hyundai Tucson is one of our fleet’s newest hybrid rental cars. It is an all-rounder suitable for all kinds of Icelandic road conditions and weather. Whether you travel to Iceland in summer or winter, driving on a paved road, an icy road or a bumpy gravel road, this crossover SUV could always take you to the destination safely and comfortably.
It is an excellent combination of comfort and capability. With this 4WD vehicle, you could visit all the famous attractions of Iceland around the country. If you do not want to waste time thinking and researching what car you should rent for your Iceland self-drive road trip, hiring the 4×4 hybrid Tucson could never go wrong.
Please note: This 4×4 car is NOT allowed on the F roads and highland due to its battery position. But you can drive it on the Kjölur and Kaldidalur (Roads 35 & 550).
What is the best time/months to rent a Hyundai Tucson in Iceland?
The vehicle is best on Icelandic roads all year round. If you want to rent a car in Iceland without worrying about the car’s capability or functionality, the automatic Hyundai Tucson hybrid is undoubtedly your best option. The vehicle is available for hire according to your choice of time. Please select the date, time and location in the search widget and check its availability.
How many passengers and luggage can the Hyundai Tucson hybrid fit?
The Hyundai Tucson hybrid can accommodate 5 passengers (1 driver+4 passenger) with three large luggage at its total boot capacity with no back seat configuration. It is an ideal rental car in Iceland for four to five with light carry-on luggage and a group of three or fewer who require a larger cargo capacity.
What is included in the rental price?
Renting with Hertz Iceland, you can enjoy:
- Free cancellation (Up to 16 days before)
- 24/7 Emergency Support
- Discount on fuel
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Third-Party Insurance
- Unlimited Mileage/KM
Where can you drive the Hyundai Tucson hybrid?
With the Hyundai Tucson hybrid, you can visit all of the Iceland attractions around the country, including:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle (Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir Geothermal Area, and Þingvellir (Thingvellir) National Park)
- The Ring Road (Route 1)
- South Coast
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular and Westfjords )
What road condition can the Hyundai Tucson hybrid handle?
Our Hyundai Tucson hybrid could provide the best driving experience under most Icelandic weather and road conditions, especially in summertime:
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads (NOT the F-roads)
- Icy and Snowy road conditions
*You are advised to be always careful when driving under winter road conditions in Iceland
*Please be reminded that off-road driving is illegal in Iceland. You can only drive the vehicle on the marked roads and trails at all times. Driving a car off-road on any beaches, lava fields, moss, or lands without a designed road will lead to a heavy fine by police.
What are the benefits to rent a car in Iceland with Hertz?
We have 13 rental stations across Iceland, including Keflavik airport arrivals hall, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. You can easily rent and return the car to any Hertz Iceland station of your choice. Regardless of the rental date and time, you can be sure you can find the best rental car in Iceland that suits your plan.
Not only with high flexibility and convenience in renting and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests with excellent customer service at all times. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your automatic new Hyundai Tucson hybrid today by choosing a date.
Basic rental requirements for 4×4 Hybrid Hyundai Tucson in Iceland
- You must be 23 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is NOT allowed in the highlands F-roads.
- It is allowed on roads no.35 and 550.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.