Rent a brand new plug-in hybrid 4WD Land Rover Defender 110 in Iceland
Rent one of the best fullsize luxury SUVs, an AWD Land Rover Defender Plug-in Hybrid in Iceland, and stay in style and save on fuel. The Land Rover Defender is an incredible Iceland car rental choice for those who would like to drive on mountain roads with better fuel efficiency. It is also the ONLY PHEV ALLOWED on Icelandic F-roads in our fleet.
The Land Rover Defender can accommodate five people comfortably and 4 pieces of luggage without seat configuration. If you are travelling in a group of four to five and want to rent a luxury green car with strong 4×4 capability, Land Rover Defender PHEV is your excellent car rental choice in Iceland.
Land Rover Defender has an electric range of around 27 miles (EPA est.) and is one of the newest plug-in hybrid vehicles introduced to our fleet.
With an shiftable automatic transmission, the Land Rover Defender can handle different Icelandic road and weather conditions. Land Rover Defender would be one of your trip’s best Iceland rental car options, no matter the seasons and months. The vehicle is equipped with the latest technology and safety assistance; you can be sure that you can enjoy the Iceland road trip seamlessly with safety.
Where can you drive the Land Rover Defender PHEV?
With the Land Rover Defender, you can visit most of the Iceland attractions around the country, including:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle
- The Ring Road (Route 1)
- South Coast
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular and Westfjords area)
- Icelandic highland area (when F-roads are open to the public during summer time)
What road condition can the Land Rover Defender handle?
Our PHEV Land Rover Defender can provide a seamless driving experience on all different types of roads in Iceland, including:
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads
- F-roads (Iceland mountain roads)
- icy and snowy roads in wintertime
For renting the Land Rover Defender with us, you will have to be at least 25 years old and hold a driving license for at least one year.
What is included in the rental price?
- Free cancellation (Up to 16 days before)
- 24/7 Emergency Support
- Discount on fuel
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Third-Party Insurance
- Unlimited Mileage/KM
Why rent a car in Iceland with Hertz Iceland?
We have 13 rental stations around the country, including Keflavik international airport, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. According to your travel plan, you could easily pick up and drop off your rental car. Not only with high flexibility and convenience in renting and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your automatic gear transmission Plug-in Hybrid Land Rover Defender today by choosing a date.
Basic rental requirements for Land Rover Defender Hybrid
- You must be 25 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is ALLOWED in the highlands F-roads. Please read our Terms & Conditions carefully before driving the car into Icelandic highland areas.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.