Rent an automatic 4WD Kia Sorento Plug-in Hybrid mid-size SUV in Iceland
Rent the ultimate SUV, an AWD Kia Sorento Plug-in Hybrid in Iceland, and travel at an impressive all-electric range with a low carbon footprint. The Kia Sorento is an excellent Iceland car rental choice with high fuel efficiency. According to the EPA, Kia Sorento has an all-electric range of up to 32 miles without burning a drop of gasoline. The Kia Sorento can also accommodate five people comfortably. If you are travelling in a group of four to five and want to rent a green car with 4×4 capability, Kia Sorento PHEV is undoubtedly your fantastic car rental choice in Iceland.
Kia Sorento is one of the newest plug-in hybrid vehicles introduced to our fleet. It has an electric range of around 32 miles (EPA est.). You can take the journeys like city exploration or travel from the Iceland KEF international airport to the city relying on electric power alone.
There is a 45 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row, a 30.7 inches legroom, and 39.1 headroom in the second row.
With a 6-speed automatic transmission, the Kia Sorento can handle different Icelandic road and weather conditions. Regardless you will visit Iceland in summer or winter, the Kia Sorento would be one of the best Iceland rental car options for your trip. Equipped with the latest technology and safety assistance, you can enjoy the drive effortlessly and confidently. Go on your Iceland road trip with our new Kia Sorento plug-in hybrid 4WD SUV.
Where can you drive the Kia Sorento PHEV?
With the Kia Sorento, you can visit most of the Iceland attractions around the country including:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle
- The Ring Road (Route 1)
- South Coast
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular and Westfjords )
What Icelandic road condition can the Kia Sorento handle?
Our PHEV Kia Sorento can provide a seamless driving experience on all different types of roads in Iceland, including:
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads (i.e. NOT f-roads)
- icy and snowy roads in wintertime
For renting the Kia Sorento with us, you will have to be at least 23 years old and hold a driving license for at least one year.
Please be reminded that this car is NOT allowed on any F-roads (mountain roads) or in highlands due to its battery position. But it is allowed on roads number 35 and 550. If you want to self-driving the Iceland highland, please rent a gasoline or diesel 4WD vehicle.
Why rent a car in Iceland with Hertz Iceland?
We have 13 rental stations around the country, including Keflavik international airport, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. According to your travel plan, you could easily pick up and drop off your rental car.
Not only with high flexibility and convenience in renting and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help. The rental price includes unlimited mileage, VAT and CDW car insurance.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your automatic gear transmission Plug-in Hybrid Kia Sorento today by choosing a date.
Basic rental requirements of Kia Sorento PHEV
- You must be 23 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is NOT allowed in the highlands F-roads.
- It is allowed on roads no.35 and 550.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.