Rent the automatic 2WD hatchback small SUV Mazda CX-30 for your Iceland road trip
The automatic gear transmission Mazda CX-30 is one of the new hatchback small SUVs we brought into our fleet this year. It offers a poised handling and refined ride quality to drivers and passengers. If you plan to travel around Iceland via the route 1 ring road, especially during summertime with one or two other friends and family members, the CX-30 would be an ideal cheaper small SUV Iceland rental car for your trip.
Our CX-30 has a standard 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine with 186 horsepower paired with a six-speed automatic that chooses gears wisely based on driving conditions. It has a boot capacity of 20.2 cubic feet of space behind the second row, which fits two large luggage without seat configuration.
The CX-30 still has ample legroom for rear-seat passengers without sacrificing the boot capacity. Thanks to the advanced safety features and the powerful turbocharged engine, the CX-30 can provide you with a seamless and safe driving experience during your time in Iceland.
For those looking for a reliable, reasonably priced, new rental car in Iceland, the new Mazda CX-30 would be one of your best choices.
What is the best time/month to rent a Mazda CX-30 in Iceland?
The vehicle is best on Icelandic paved roads (roads in cities, towns and route 1) at all times but is especially suitable for Iceland’s summer months (between late May and early September). If you want to rent a car in Iceland at an affordable price and still enjoy a large-enough cabin, the new Mazda CX-30 will not disappoint you.
The vehicle is available for hire according to your choice of time. Please select the date, time and location in the search widget and check its availability.
How many passengers and luggage can the Mazda CX-30 fit?
The Mazda CX-30 can accommodate 5 passengers (1 driver+4 passenger) with two large luggage at its total boot capacity with no back seat configuration. It is an ideal rental car in Iceland for two to three with large bags or four to five with light carry-on luggage.
What is included in the rental price?
Renting with Hertz Iceland, you can enjoy:
- Free cancellation (Up to 16 days before)
- 24/7 Emergency Support
- Discount on fuel
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Third-Party Insurance
- Unlimited Mileage/KM
Where can you drive the Mazda CX-30?
With the Mazda CX-30, you can visit all of the Iceland attractions around the country, including:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle (Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir Geothermal Area, and Þingvellir (Thingvellir) National Park)
- The Ring Road (Route 1)
- South Coast
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular and Westfjords )
What road condition can the Mazda CX-30 handle?
Our Mazda CX-30 could provide the best driving experience under most Icelandic weather and road conditions, especially in summertime:
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads (NOT the F-roads)
- Icy and Snowy road conditions
*You are advised to be always careful when driving under winter road conditions in Iceland
*Please be reminded that off-road driving is illegal in Iceland. You can only drive the vehicle on the marked roads and trails at all times. Driving a car off-road on any beaches, lava fields, moss, or lands without a designed road will lead to a heavy fine by police.
Mazda CX 30 basic rental requirements
- You must be 20 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is NOT allowed in the highlands and any F-roads.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.