Rent a 4×4 Tesla Model Y electric car in Iceland, travel in style with 0 emissions
A brand new all-electric crossover in our fleet, Tesla Model Y has become one of the most eye-catching rising stars among all our electric vehicles (EVs). If you are looking for a car that could provide you with a whisper-quiet journey in Iceland, 0 emissions and a 4WD capability, renting the Tesla Y would undoubtedly be your best choice.
The Tesla Model Y consists of 5 seats and can supply up to 854 litres of storage capacity when added to the front and rear storage areas. With the car boot itself, you can fit about 4 large pieces of luggage and some pieces of carry-on luggage.
Where to charge the Tesla Model Y?
There are regular charging stations and Tesla Superchargers across Iceland. A Tesla supercharger takes approximately an hour to charge the Tesla to full, providing you with the best condition range of 350-450 km. For more information on driving a tesla in Iceland, please refers to the Tesla Iceland driving info and FAQs.
Where can you drive the Tesla Model Y EV?
With the Tesla Model Y, you can visit most of the Iceland attractions around the country include:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle
- The Ring Road (Route 1)
- South Coast
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular recommended)
What road condition can the Tesla Model Y handle?
Our Tesla Model Y can provide a seamless driving experience on all different types of roads in Iceland that include:
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads (i.e. NOT f-roads)
- icy and snowy roads in the wintertime– please drive slow with extra care
For renting the Tesla Model Y with us, you will have to be at least 23 years old and hold a driving license for at least one year.
Please be reminded that this car is NOT allowed on any F-roads (mountain roads) or in highland. If you want to self-driving the Iceland highland, please rent a gasoline or diesel 4WD vehicle.
Why rent an EV car with Hertz Iceland?
We have 13 rental stations around the country, including Keflavik airport, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. According to your travel plan, you could easily pick up and drop off your rental car.
Not only with high flexibility and convenience in renting and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help. The rental price includes unlimited mileage, VAT and CDW car coverages.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your automatic gear transmission Tesla Model Y today by choosing a date.
The Tesla Model Y Best condition range:
350-450 km (75 kw Longrange) || 533 WLTP
Basic rental requirements
- You must be 23 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is NOT allowed in the highlands and any F-roads.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.
- More car features are listed below. You can also get more information about our car coverages and Extras detailed rental requirements by clicking the links.