Book your new a 4WD Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV today
Rent the ultimate SUV, a 4WD Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV in Iceland, travel with an ultra-low carbon footprint. The Outlander is an excellent combination of all the versatility of a large family car with minimum carbon emission. If you are travelling in a group of four to five and want to rent a green car with 4×4 capability, Outlander PHEV is undoubtedly your great choice.
Mitsubishi Outlander is one of the newest hybrid vehicles introduced to our fleet. It has an electric range of around 45 km (28 miles), you can cover the journeys like city exploration or travel from the airport to city on electric power alone. You also have a high-efficiency petrol engine that provides the perfect balance of fuel economy and performance on long trips, with a combined range of over 640 km (i.e. the Iceland ring road that connect the whole country has a length of 1,322 km)
Equipped with the latest technology and safety assistance, the Outlander can handle different Icelandic road and weather conditions. With the new Mitsubishi Outlander, you can enjoy the drive easily and confidently.
Where can you drive the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV?
With the Mitsubishi Outlander, you can visit most of the Iceland attractions around the country that include:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle
- The Ring Road (Route 1)
- South Coast
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular and Westfjords )
What road condition can the Mitsubishi Outlander handle?
Our PHEV Outlander can provide a seamless driving experience on all different types of roads in Iceland that include:
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads (i.e. NOT f-roads)
- icy and snowy roads in wintertime
For renting the Mitsubishi Outlander with us, you will have to be at least 23 years old and hold a driving license for at least one year.
Please be reminded that this car is NOT allowed on any F-roads (mountain roads) or in highland due to its battery position. But it is allowed on roads number 35 and 550. If you want to self-driving the Iceland highland, please rent a gasoline or diesel 4WD vehicle.
Why rent a car with Hertz Iceland?
We have 13 rental stations around the country, including Keflavik airport, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. According to your travel plan, you could easily pick up and drop off your rental car.
Not only with high flexibility and convenience in renting and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help. The rental price includes unlimited mileage, VAT and CDW car coverages.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your manual gear transmission Plug-in Hybrid Mitsubishi Outlander today by choosing a date.
Basic rental requirements
- You must be 23 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is NOT allowed in the highlands F-roads.
- It is allowed on roads no.35 and 550.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.