Rent a 4WD 9-seats VW Caravelle automatic gear transmission passenger van in Iceland for your big group
The 9 seater Volkswagen Caravelle van is a perfect passenger van for larger groups and families travelling together. Unlike the other vans, this automatic Volkswagen Caravelle is surprisingly manageable to control and drive. You can effortlessly drive this passenger van and visit Iceland’s famous attractions along the paved ring road (some might call it Iceland’s circle road). You can also see the hidden gems accessible only with gravel roads or even with F-roads (mountain roads) in summer.
The 4×4 capability makes the VW Caravelle one of the best vans in Iceland for self-driving in a more extensive group (1 driver + 8 passengers). For those who plan to visit the highland during summertime. But please be reminded that off-road driving is forbidden in Iceland (i.e. driving on lands without roads or tracks). If you plan to camp in the Icelandic highland, you must follow the path and cross rapid glacier rivers. Considering your safety, we only recommend those experienced in river crossing driving to self-driving highland with this passenger van. Considering your safety, we only recommend those experienced in river crossing driving to self-driving highland.
What is included in the passenger van rental price?
Renting with Hertz Iceland, you can enjoy:
- Free cancellation (Up to 16 days before)
- 24/7 Emergency Support
- Discount on Fuel
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Third-Party Insurance
- Unlimited Mileage/KM
Where can you drive the Volkswagen Caravelle van?
With the 4WD Volkswagen Caravelle van, you can visit almost all of the Iceland attractions around the country that include:
- Keflavik International airport (KEF)
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle
- The Route 1 Ring Road
- South Coast (visiting classic attractions and hidden gems
- along the ring road )
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular and Westfjords)
- The highland area during summertime when the F-roads are open
What road condition can the 4×4 Volkswagen Caravelle van handle?
Our 4WD Volkswagen Caravelle van could provide the best driving experience under all kinds of Icelandic weather and road conditions all-year-round that include but are not limited to :
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads
- F-roads (we only advise those who have mature river crossing experience to drive this vehicle into the highland area )
- Icy and Snowy road conditions
*Off-road driving is illegal in Iceland. Please drive on marked roads at all times
*There is NO coverage covering the car damage due to the river crossing and the underbody of the car, please beware that you will be fully responsible for the car with these damages.
*You are advised to be always careful when driving under winter road conditions in Iceland, even with a good capability 4WD rental car
For renting the 4WD Volkswagen Caravelle van with us, you will have to be at least 23 years old and hold a driving license for at least one year.
Why rent a car in Iceland with Hertz?
We have 13 rental stations across Iceland, including Keflavik airport arrivals hall, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. According to your travel plan, you could easily pick up and drop off your rental car.
Not only with high flexibility and convenience in hiring and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your automatic gear transmission new 4×4 Volkswagen Caravelle van today by choosing a date.
Basic rental requirements for 4WD Automatic VW Caravelle 9 seater
- You must be 23 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is ALLOWED in the highlands and any F-roads. Please read Terms & Conditions
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.
- More car features are listed below. You can also get more information about our car coverages and Extras detailed rental requirements by clicking the links.