Rent the automatic Nissan LEAF Electric in Iceland, self-tripping Iceland with zero emission!
The automatic gear transmission 2WD Nissan LEAF Electric is one of the newest EVs we brought into our fleet this year. It is a perfect pure electric Iceland rental car for those travelling in groups of two to four, especially if you are looking for new rental cars and save up your fuel filling expenses during your time in Iceland.
The Nissan LEAF has an EPA range of up to 149 miles (approx 239.7 km )that allows you to drive from the capital of Iceland-Reykjavik to Vik in south Iceland without recharge even once!
*Even if the vehicle has a tremendous long range, we always advise drivers to take recharge stops time by time along the way, ensuring its best performance and reducing the recharge time on average.
Nissan LEAF Best condition range: 160-335 km Long range
What is the best time/month to rent a Nissan LEAF Electric in Iceland?
The vehicle is best on Icelandic paved roads all year round, especially for Spring-Summer-Autumn (between May and October). If you want to rent a car in Iceland without worrying about the car’s capability or functionality, the automatic Nissan LEAF Electric is undoubtedly your best option. The vehicle is available for hire according to your choice of time. Please select the date, time and location in the search widget here and check its availability.
How many passengers and luggage can the Nissan LEAF Electric fit?
The Nissan LEAF Electric can accommodate 5 passengers (1 driver+4 passenger) with three large luggage at full boots capacity. It is an excellent rental car in Iceland for four to five with light carry-on luggage and a group of three or fewer who require a larger cargo capacity.
What is included in the rental price?
Renting with Hertz Iceland, you can enjoy:
- Free cancellation (Up to 16 days before)
- 24/7 Support
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Third-Party Insurance
- Unlimited Mileage/KM
Where can you drive the Nissan LEAF Electric?
With the Nissan LEAF Electric, you can visit all of the Iceland attractions around the country, including:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle (Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir Geothermal Area, and Þingvellir (Thingvellir) National Park)
- The Ring Road (Route 1)
- South Coast
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular)
What road condition can the Nissan LEAF Electric handle?
Our Nissan LEAF Electric could provide the best driving experience under most Icelandic weather and road conditions, especially in summertime:
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads (NOT the F-roads)
*You are advised to be always careful when driving under winter road conditions in Iceland
*Please be reminded that off-road driving is illegal in Iceland. You can only drive the vehicle on the marked roads and trails at all times. Driving a car off-road on any beaches, lava fields, moss, or lands without a designed road will lead to a heavy fine by police.
What are the benefits to rent a electric car in Iceland with Hertz?
We have 13 rental stations across Iceland, including Keflavik airport arrivals hall, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. You can easily rent and return the car to any Hertz Iceland station of your choice. Regardless of the rental date and time, you can be sure you can find the best rental car in Iceland that suits your plan.
Not only with high flexibility and convenience in renting and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests with excellent customer service at all times. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your automatic new Nissan LEAF Electric today by choosing a date.
Basic rental requirements for Nissan LEAF Electric
- You must be 20 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is NOT allowed in the highlands F-roads.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.