Rent a 4×4 Toyota Hilux Camper in Iceland, go luxury on every road
The Toyota Hilux Camper is a premier 4×4 camper for those desiring a unique adventure during summertime in Iceland. Staying under the beautiful midnight sun, watching Puffins and other birds, going inside the volcano, visiting the stunning views of Icelandic highland…if these are the experiences you are looking for, renting a 4WD Toyota Hilux camper would be one of your best Iceland rental car choices.
Thanks to the 4×4 capability and the highly performed off-roading ability. It is making the Toyota Hilux Camper one of the best cars in Iceland for camping, especially in the highland area. But please be reminded that off-road driving is forbidden in Iceland (i.e. driving on lands without roads or tracks). If you plan to camp in the Icelandic highland, you must follow the path and go across rapid glacier rivers. Considering your safety, we only recommend those experienced in river crossing driving to self-driving highland.
What is included in the rental price?
Renting with Hertz Iceland, you can enjoy:
- Free cancellation (Up to 16 days before)
- 24/7 Emergency Support
- Discount on Fuel
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Third-Party Insurance
- Unlimited Mileage/KM
Where can you drive the Toyota Hilux Camper?
With the 4WD Toyota Hilux Camper, you can visit almost all of the Iceland attractions around the country that include:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle
- The Ring Road (Route 1)
- South Coast (visiting classic attractions and hidden gems
- along the ring road )
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular and Westfjords)
- The highland area
Where can you camp with the 4WD Toyota Hilux Camper?
You have to park and stay in designed campsites when driving a camper in Iceland. ‘Wild camping’ with a camping car is not allowed in Iceland. You cannot stay overnight on any roadside or land and parking lots not designed for camping purposes.
What road condition can the 4×4 Toyota Hilux Camper handle?
Our 4WD Toyota Hilux Camper could provide the best driving experience under all kinds of Icelandic weather and road conditions all-year-round that include but are not limited to :
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads
- Icy and Snowy road conditions
*The camper is only available from May to September
*Off-road driving is illegal in Iceland. Please drive on marked roads at all times
For renting the 4WD Toyota Hilux Camper with us, you will have to be at least 23 years old and hold a driving license for at least one year.
Why choose to rent a car in Iceland with Hertz?
We have 13 rental stations across Iceland, including Keflavik airport arrivals hall, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. According to your travel plan, you could easily pick up and drop off your rental car.
Not only with high flexibility and convenience in renting and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your Manual gear transmission new 4×4 Toyota Hilux Camper today by choosing a date.
Rental requirements of Toyota Hilux Camper with Hertz Iceland
- You must be 23 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is ALLOWED in the highlands F-roads. Please read our Terms & Conditions carefully before driving the car into Icelandic highland areas.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.