Rent the automatic 2WD SUV Renault Captur in Iceland, travel Iceland with lower emissions
The automatic gear transmission Renault Captur is one of the new hybrid vehicles we brought into our fleet this year. Awarded as ‘Small SUV of the Year 2021 ‘, the Renault Captur has proven itself in space and flexibility, making it a great small SUV and an Auto Express Award-winner.
The Renault Captur’s boot capacity stands between 422 and 536 litres, depending on where that rear bench is set. The Captur still has ample legroom for rear-seat passengers without sacrificing the boot capacity. Thanks to the hybrid feature, the new Renault Captur can lower the vehicle driving cost in Iceland by reducing the times needed to refill.
For those looking for a reliable, reasonably priced, high flexibility hybrid rental car in Iceland, the new Renault Captur would be one of your best choices.
What is the best time/months to rent a Renault Captur in Iceland?
The vehicle is best on Icelandic paved roads (roads in cities, towns and route 1 ) at all times. If you want to rent a car in Iceland at an affordable price and still enjoy the large-enough car boots and cabin, the new Renault Captur will not let you down.
The vehicle is available for hire according to your choice of time. Please select the date, time and location in the search widget and check its availability.
How many passengers and luggage can the Renault Captur hybrid fit?
The Renault Captur hybrid can accommodate 5 passengers (1 driver+4 passenger) with three large luggage at its total boot capacity with no back seat configuration. It is an ideal rental car in Iceland for four to five with light carry-on luggage and a group of three or fewer who require a larger cargo capacity.
What is included in the rental price?
Renting with Hertz Iceland, you can enjoy:
- Free cancellation (Up to 16 days before)
- 24/7 Support
- Discount on fuel
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Third-Party Insurance
- Unlimited Mileage/KM
Where can you drive the Renault Captur hybrid?
With the Renault Captur hybrid, you can visit all of the Iceland attractions around the country, including:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle (Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir Geothermal Area, and Þingvellir (Thingvellir) National Park)
- The Ring Road (Route 1)
- South Coast
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular and Westfjords )
What road condition can the Renault Captur hybrid handle?
Our Renault Captur hybrid could provide the best driving experience under most Icelandic weather and road conditions, especially in summertime:
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads (NOT the F-roads)
- Icy and Snowy road conditions
*You are advised to be always careful when driving under winter road conditions in Iceland
*Please be reminded that off-road driving is illegal in Iceland. You can only drive the vehicle on the marked roads and trails at all times. Driving a car off-road on any beaches, lava fields, moss, or lands without a designed road will lead to a heavy fine by police.
What are the benefits to rent a car in Iceland with Hertz?
We have 13 rental stations across Iceland, including Keflavik airport arrivals hall, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. You can easily rent and return the car to any Hertz Iceland station of your choice. Regardless of the rental date and time, you can be sure you can find the best rental car in Iceland that suits your plan.
Not only with high flexibility and convenience in renting and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests with excellent customer service at all times. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your automatic new Renault Captur hybrid today by choosing a date.
Basic rental requirements for Renault Captur
- You must be 20 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is NOT allowed in the highlands and any F-roads.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.