Rent a luxury electric car in Iceland
Tesla Model 3 owned its name as a revolutionary innovation in the electric vehicle landscape, has now become one of the most influential members of our electric car fleet. It is a perfect solution for a clean, green, whisper-quiet journey in Iceland. If travelling with no emissions and not harming the environment is your goal, renting a new Tesla Model 3 for your Iceland road trip would be your best choice.
The Tesla Model 3 consists of 5 seats and 425 litres of car boot (trunk)space when both front and rear storage areas are added together. With the car boot itself, you can fit about 3 large pieces of luggage at a time.
Where to charge the Tesla Model 3?
There are regular charging stations and Tesla Superchargers across Iceland. A Tesla supercharger takes approximately an hour to charge the Tesla to full, providing you with the best condition range of 400-500km.
Where can you drive the Tesla Model 3 EV?
With the Tesla Model 3, you can visit most of the Iceland attractions around the country that include:
- Blue Lagoon
- Golden Circle
- The Ring Road (Route 1)
- South Coast
- East Iceland (Egilsstaðir and villages nearby)
- North Iceland (Akureyri and towns, villages nearby)
- West Iceland (Snæfellsnes peninsular )
What road condition can the Tesla Model 3 handle?
Our Tesla Model 3 can provide a seamless driving experience on all different types of roads in Iceland that include:
- Paved roads (main roads, highways, Ring Road and city roads)
- Gravel roads (i.e. NOT f-roads)
- icy and snowy roads in the wintertime– please drive slow with extra care
For renting the Tesla Model 3 with us, you will have to be at least 20 years old and hold a driving license for at least one year.
Please be reminded that this car is NOT allowed on any F-roads (mountain roads) or in highland. If you want to self-driving the Iceland highland, please rent a gasoline or diesel 4WD vehicle.
Why rent a car with Hertz Iceland?
We have 13 rental stations around the country, including Keflavik airport, Reykjavik airport, Reykjavik downtown and Akureyri airport. According to your travel plan, you could easily pick up and drop off your rental car.
Not only with high flexibility and convenience in renting and returning cars, but we are also collaborating with car repair shops across Iceland. That means Hertz Iceland can assist you regardless of where you are and when you need help. The rental price includes unlimited mileage, VAT and CDW car coverages.
We only offer high-quality new rental cars to our guests. Get your vehicle at the airport arrivals hall and start your Iceland road adventure the way you like.
Rent your automatic gear transmission Tesla Model 3 today by choosing a date.
Tesla Model 3 Best condition range
400-500km (75kw Longrange) || 567 WLTP
Basic rental requirements
- You must be 20 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is NOT allowed in the highlands and any F-roads.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.
- More car features are listed below. You can also get more information about our car coverages and Extras detailed rental requirements by clicking the links.