A motorhome is a perfect combination of accommodation and transportation in Iceland. If you want the absolute freedom to travel around Iceland via Route 1 Ring Road and need not worry about reserving an expensive hotel for every night during your stay in Iceland, renting a motorhome for your Iceland road trip would be the best decision.
Summer is the best time to go camping in Iceland. The mid-night sun gives Iceland almost 24 hours of daylight which means you would have a much longer time to see the fantastic Icelandic nature or do different activities during your trip. But, summer is also Iceland’s peak travel season–making the price of flight tickets, accommodation, local tours, car rentals at the highest of the year.
If you don’t want to overspend on staying and touring by booking hotels and rental cars in Iceland separately, and at the same time, still like the cosiness and flexibility of making yourself feel at home, hiring the motorhome for your trip would be an ideal plan.
With no reservation needed, you can drive your motorhome into any opened campsite around Route 1, inside a town or close to a village whenever you like. No matter how late your travel plan would be, you can always find a campsite close to you when travelling via the Ring Road in summer.
Our motorhome is from the latest model and equipped with safety features, ensuring you can enjoy your trip most comfortably and safely. There are beds, a toilet, a shower, a refrigerator and other utilities inside the motorhome. You will also get Cooking and eating utensils, for example, pots and pans for cooking, bread knives, dishes, forks, glasses, et cetera for four persons with your rental.
Please be reminded that the motorhome is a 2WD vehicle with a manual transmission, so it is NOT allowed on any F-roads or in the highland area of Iceland. You will need to be at least 25 years old and with a valid driving licence for over a year to rent the motorhome.
Rent a motorhome and have the best summer road trip in Iceland ever. Book now by choosing a date.
Basic rental requirements
- You must be 25 years of age to drive this vehicle.
- A valid credit card in the main renter’s name is required to reserve and rent the vehicle.
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) / International Driving License (IDL) is also required if your national driving license is not in Roman script.
- This vehicle is NOT allowed in the highlands and any F-roads.
- Reservations are made by car category only. We cannot guarantee a specific car model.
- This camper can ONLY sleep 4 people
More car features are listed below.Get more information about our car coverages and Extras, detailed rental requirements by clicking the links.